Usually at our December meetings, we hold a contest for the best bonsai tree decorated in a holiday theme. All attendees at the meeting get to vote on their favorite decorated tree. And there are cash prizes for the winners, $50, $40, $30. This year, in the year of COVID-19, the club is going to have a virtual bonsai tree decorating contest for club members. Here are the rules:
- Decorate your tree in a winter holiday theme. One tree per member.
- Take a picture of your tree and send it to our webmaster, Ron Kaelberer, email@example.com. Include your
name and the type of tree you have decorated.
- Pictures are due by Dec 14. <===NOTE: contest extended one week for all procrastinators (web master included)
- Ron will post your picture, but not your name, on our website.
- Watch your email for the survey that will go out to members on Dec 21, so they can vote. Check out the trees on
our website and vote for your favorite.
- Voting will close on Dec 24 midnight.
- Winners will be sent their prize money and winning trees and owners will be announced in the January Bonsai
Help us celebrate the holidays bonsai style!